Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome to the Adventures of Olin & Kira!

Hello everyone! My name is Kira, and I am super excited to welcome you all to the grand opening of Olin & Kira!

This blog is the brain-child of my boyfriend Olin and I.  It's a place for us to share with you our lives: the interesting parts, the boring parts, and the just plain weird parts.  If all goes according to plan, we'll both be posting our daily activities, recipes we've discovered, photos we've taken, doodles we've done, gardening tips - everything!

To get us started, here's a little bit of background info on Olin and I.


I'm Kira, a 21 year old Japanese American girl.  I've lived my whole life here in Hawai'i (although Olin and I are saving up to change this soon!).  I have one older brother who has helped shaped my identity by sharing his interests with me (namely comic books, martial arts films, b-horror movies, punk rock, and hip-hop).  I'm currently going to a community college, but am about to graduate with my AA in Liberal Arts, at which point I'll transfer over to the local university to get my B.A. in Japanese Studies.  My favorite musicians are Astronautalis, Dessa, and Murder by Death.


This is Olin.  He's 23 years old, and has lived his whole life on the Big Island!  He has two older brothers who helped shaped his identity by beating him up all the time.  (Don't worry - now that the brothers are older, they don't fight... as much.)  His brothers got him into heavy metal and punk rock, and from a very young age (6 years old!) Olin was listening to the Dead Kennedys and Gwar.  Olin currently works at Target in the Electronics department, but has also spent over five years working in kitchens.

We've been dating for almost four years, and currently live in an old plantation-style house with four roommates.  Olin and I have four cats together who will probably make several appearances in this blog.

Well, that's it for now!  Thank you all for visiting!  I home you come back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment